What is a Registered Dietitian?
A registered dietitian is a regulated health professional who carries a passion for food as well as the science behind it. Their goal is to assist clients in creating and maintaining healthy and balanced food choices.
At Evolve we take a client-centred, weight-inclusive approach to eating and nutrition. Taking the time to listen to your concerns and working with you to figure out the best plan of action allows us to ensure your time with us is well spent.
Our goal is to provide you with the right tools and resources that empower you into taking an active role in improving your relationship with food. There is no universal perfect diet – healthy can look different on every person. We are here to support and guide you in what healthy looks like for you!
- Prevent and manage health conditions such as diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, cancer, malnutrition, etc.
- Assist with digestive issues such as IBS, celiac disease, colitis, acid reflux, GERD, etc.
- Help discover and/or manage food intolerances and allergies
- Broaden your understanding on proper eating resulting in improvement of your overall health
- Food and nutrition information
The initial assessment last approximately 1 hour. This assessment can be done online or in person. You will be required to complete an online nutrition questionnaire prior to your assessment.
Follow up sessions are offered in 30 minute or 60 minute sessions.
Fees: $120 for the initial assessment. Follow up sessions range from $60-$120.
Most insurance companies cover a Registered Dietitian under extended health care benefits. Please check with your insurance company to see your policy coverage.
At Evolve, we believe in improving your overall health and wellness through a holistic approach. Based on your appointment, we may recommend other areas of services.